Highest Qualification, Experience and contact details (Please Email this Information at : email@example.com)
Program Objectives and Syllabus
The broad objective of the online course is to improve participants’ knowledge of concept of quality and develop their skills in implementation of Sustainable Quality Assurance Program in the Health Systems and Hospitals.
The specific objectives are:
- To familiarize and understand the concepts of Quality Assurance (QA) and its importance in the context of Health System and Hospitals;
- To understand the scope of QA;
- To understand the importance of standards, indicators, benchmarks in QA;
- To learn basic skills of assessment and measurement of QA;
- To understand the QA process and develop skills to use various quality improvement tools;
- To develop skills of monitoring and supervising quality of services;
- To increase leadership effectiveness and learn process of building effective teams for quality;
- To plan and implement QA Program in the health system and hospitals.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Define quality and describe dimensions of quality in health care;
- Assess and measure quality using set of standards and indicators;
- Define problems in QA;
- Develop alternative measures to solve the problems;
- Use selected quality improvement tools;
- Develop action ideas to enhance leadership effectiveness and build teams:
- Develop plan of action for quality improvement for their respective areas/hospitals.
The course will cover the following areas:
- General concepts: historical background of QA, dimensions of quality, scope and process of QA, different terminology used in QA, definition of quality.
- Frameworks for quality of care: perspectives of the community, individual/clients, providers of health care, and managers.
- Quality Assurance Process
- Setting standards: Need for standards, process of setting standards, communicating standards, developing indicators.
- Assessment and measurement of quality, Frameworks for quality assessment, and methods and tools of quality assessment.
- Monitoring and Supervising Quality: Quality monitoring process, and collection of data and analysis, supervising quality, Indicators of quality, Identifying quality problems and gaps.
- Quality Improvement Interventions: Quality Assurance (QA), Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Total Quality Management (TQM).
- Use of tools: for problem identification, prioritizing problems and developing solution to the problem. QI tools including brainstorming, consensus, criteria/ matrix, flow chart, fishbone diagram and Pareto chart.
- Leadership and team-building in quality.
- Medical Audit.
- Planning for and Implementing QA in health care organizations.
The course is based on self learning chapters. There are 10 chapters. The participants are expected to read each chapters including power point presentation. Each chapters has set (s) of exercises to be completed by the participants.
This is a self-paced course and can be completed according to your own schedule. Our recommendation is to complete the course over six weeks, with 10 hours of time spent working through the course per week.
Self Help Exercises
If you are experiencing difficulty understanding the material, we encourage you to refer optional recommended textbooks
For any query contact - firstname.lastname@example.org